Saturday 24 April 2021

Friday 23rd April 2021

St George's Day. England and Georgia.

Some people online getting upset by hostorians pointing out that St George wasn't English nor probably existed.

Apparently, the truth is unpatriotic.

So it goes, so it goes.

Let me stress, I love my country on the other 364 days of the year, and no more on the other one. It's people and properity are more important to me that some "saint". Anyway, the real English saint is St Edmund.

One hundred and thirteen But it is Friday, anyway, and the weekend starts in something like six hours.

So, lets get it on!

And somehow I sleep through the alarm, Jools getting up, feeding the cats, making a brew and going out for a walk after getting dressed. I wake up at six twenty with the house empty, but the coffee pot ready to go, so I put on the hob and in five minutes I has coffee.

I get dressed and am logged on ready to go at seven, though my head full of wool. But there is little urgent action needed.

Jools comes back, then goes out to go to Tesco and then to Jen's, so I make a second brew, make breakfast then join the weekly COVID department meeting. HAlf our department works in CHennai in India, and it is grim, though they try to make light of it again. It might be worse in the north of the country, but most now only leave home when they have to. And there is nothing I or our boss can do, other than to say, "keep safe". Sounds so trite.

Plantago lanceolata I have more meetings, and calls so the morning slips by. Jools returned at eleven, we pack the shopping away, I warm up a pasty each for lunch, and after two final calls before one, at which point I think the weeknd had started, so close the laptop.

Phew.

Jen was coming round for dinner and cards, so in preparation I made some cornbread, following an online recipe. It looked it came out well, but when I cook the boiled chicken, bacon and rice would we try it.

Not so much bread as cake, but savoury enough to be very nice indeed, even if the chicken and rice didn't look pretty, but tasted OK.

Once we had tidied up, washed up and I had failed in the music quiz, we played two hands of Meld, Jen and Jools winning one each, me just making up the numbers.

And that was that.

No comments: