Tuesday 27 April 2021

Monday 26th April 2021

Ahh, Monday morning. I've been expecting you.

Jools, who let us not forget has three days off, says that weekends are not long enough. I, who has just the usual two, agrees.

Ahead, I have up to three days data analysis to look forward to, which I actually am, as figures can't answer back and/or tell lies.

Before then, we have our usual tasks; Jools does stuff while I drink coffee. Cats are fed, and drinks made, I manage to get u without furter incident. I can say that my toe is almost pain free, maybe I should celebrate with a beer for breakfast?

Or not.

Jools goes for a walk, and I make a second coffee and power up the work laptop to find what fresh hell awaied me.

Next was to power everyone's ;east favourite business app, SAP. If you work for SAP, I appologise. In fact its not as bad as it was back when I had to use it every day seven years back, but it is a shock to see the unfriendly interface.

My assigned task, is to download data from our projects in China so I could analysis how good they were.

I have the wrong interface.

I can't imput the correct transaction.

A colleague downloads me the data and sends in an Excel file.

Does this make any kind of sense? I mean this is going to be three days work for me each month. It is better than stuffing giblets, as I can have a break whenever I want and even go for a wander in the garden once an hour.

I have to check every few minutes with the guide I work, and then swap between my actual desktop and my virtual one. It is complex stuff, and is slow going. I am not motivated.

I work though having down 5% of my task by lunch, which looking in the fridge will have to be mushroom-based. I check the internet, and what screamed at me was mushroom stroganoff. I even had all the ingredients. Which was nice.

I put on the brown rice to cook. Peel and mash garlic, get some frozen onions out and simmer the two. Make some stock with a cube of something I found in the larder, I put in a small jar of pepper sauce that was a year out of date, but what the heck.

I cook it all, combine with the rice and simmer for 5 minutes. I have enough for at least two lunches, dish some out in a bowl, and eat whilst scrolling through the hellhole that was Twitter.

YUmmy.

And back to work, and during the afternoon post-lunch lull, I do another 15% of my work, meaning I have 80% still do do on Tuesday, where I have to finish as Wednesday and Thursday I am off work for hospital appointments. Nothing major, just scans of my shoulder.

Anyway.

I was pooped.

Not sleeping too well, thanks to cats, my shoulder and my overactive brain sending me on tasks in my dreams. And getting all stressed.

Sigh.

I should have gone out for a walk, but it was cold, if sunny, so I say to myself, I'll go tomorrow.

Dinner is aubergine, over-ripe ones, but more than enough for a good, golden shallow-friend feast.

Jools arrives home, also shattered, so we eat right away, tidy ap and make coffee.

I couldn't even be bothered to watch the footy, Leicester v someone. Palace?

One hundred and sixteen When I go to bed, an almost full moon is looking straight at me, so I snap it.

Then go to bed.

No comments: