Sunday 4 April 2021

Saturday 3rd April 2021

A day in which defeated gout, and then had a red wine to celebrate.

Silly boy.

Yes, it is true.

I woke up at half six, and the pain was clearly less. I drank lots, and passed lots too, each time a few more crystals left too.

Ninety three So, by the middle of the afternoon, I was walking normally, and all that was left was swelling caused by the glut of white blood cells trying to fix things.

In the meantime, I tried to get on with Easter Saturday.

There was no Norwich game to follow as we had played, but from half twelve there were four games to watch or listen to on the radio. We had coffee, then another coffee with two toast saffron buns, which went down very well indeed.

Turned out nice again I stayed inside trying to get my toe to not radiate gamma rays, and Jools went shopping then worked in the garden. I made the occasional coffee for her to make sure she stayed warm.

At half twelve, Brentford were on, and managed to draw their third game in a row, this time with Huddesfield who City play on Tuesday.

My toe did begin to calm down, so getting around the house was easier and easier.

I was very happy, and thought I had it beaten.

After listening to the three o'clcok game, I watch the next two on the tellybox, pausing for us to have cheese and crackers for supper.

Cheese And it was that, as eny fule kno, wine goes with cheese, so I would have a glass or red to go with the cheese.

And that was that, but sure enough, a couple of hours later my toe began to ache than throb again, and so sleep would be very hard to come by that night, so I had many long, dark hours to ponder my stupidity in having a glass of wine. And all I had to show for the day was several train videos watched, and Norwich ending the day being 12 points clear of third place, and four wins out of seven games away from promotion.

No comments: