Tuesday 6 April 2021

Monday 5th April 2021

Bank Holiday Monday.

In the past I have written about the traditional dreadful weather we get on most bank holidays, but I can't ever writing about snow.

Not a lot of snow, but to even get a little meant that it was cold enough for the white stuff in the first place.

So, if we were going to go anywhere, it would mean wrapping up. But not that we were going anywhere, or I was, as the gout is still rampant, although it is getting slightly better.

I woke up and realised the fact I was layin with the toe on my left foot flat on the mattress meant that it was getting better. I got up and looked at my foot; it wasn't so red looking and angry, but was slightly less swollen, so much so that my skin had wrinkles. But it was still too bad to wear socks or a shoe.

I was going nowhere.

Indeed, the slipper I have left a mark on my foot when I wore it to shuffle about.

Which wasn't much.

But I had slept. And well, and it was getting light, time to get up and have a coffee. It seems after years of waking up when the slightest noise stirred me, even if I do wake, I can go back to sleep, so I heard Jools get up and I turned over and went back to sleep, dreaming some mad dream about losing something or on some silly but impossible task.

Ninety five From the back of the house, when the clouds cleared, it looked like a fine spring day, but opening the door revealed it to be bitterly cold, a keen wind blew, and the cats stayed in.

Alpine red As did I.

Jools had to go out at ten, for me there was little to do thatn drink squash, take pills and watch more tram videos.

The morning passed.

For lunch, I made a second roast; warming up the meat wrapped in silver paper, but the rest fresh, and using the left over gravy. I make roast potatoes, steamed veg and fresh Yorkshire Puddings. I ate it while drinking more squash, it still tasted good, but I would have liked wine.

Meet the Simpsons The gout suggested a wiser course of action.

For the afternoon there was football. Lets see if I can remember who played.

No.

I do recall watching the first half of the Wolves v West ham game in the evening, but not much before.

I will have to cheat and look at the results.

Yes, Peterborough v Sunderland from League 1. Ended 1-1, and not a lot of skill on offer. Followed by Everton v Palace, which also ended 1-1, a better game.

We had the last of the saffron buns for supper, with a brew before i watched the last game of the gay, or the first half of it. Was a great game, with the Happy Hammers 3-1, I was tired though, and Tuesday was back at work day.

No comments: