Tuesday 22 January 2019

Monday 21st January 2019

And here we are, back working from home.

I had been planning to start on the cross trainer today, and to really do it, get my session in before breakfast, but there was football to watch. So I drink my coffee, watch Sunday's games, and forget about exercise. I mean, I make a half promise to do some later in the afternoon once work is done, but that aint gonna happen, really.

I have breakfast and am ready for the day ahead. Having done a couple of hours on Sunday meant there was no urgent work pending, just some calls around to see where we were and how to move forward.

Outside it was another glorious day, sun shone, but I had work to do, and would do until it got dark. But at least the day had started well, with Jools waking me at half four to see the lunar eclipse, which hung low in the west, but we were able to see it above the houses over the road.

Twenty one I really wanted to go and take some shots, but the frost was thick, and so was cold. Heck it was even cold in the house, so I scuttle back to bed and try to snooze before the alarm raised us again just before six.

I took a shot of the back garden just before sunrise, with the frost all thick and the air looking faintly blue. Its cold for sure, but compared to winters from years gone by, this is nothing.

But still chilly. I turn our new heating up a notch and try not to fell asleep.

I get through the day, sending mails, replying and attending meetings, all without leaving the dining room table. Quite amazing, really.

Dinner is carbonara, which I better than ever, but as we look to cut down on carbs soon, one of the meals that will soon become a very rare treat. We shall see.

Evening comes, and being a Monday means Only Connect for a weekly dose of quizzing, before we both go to bed, me to read, but Jools to sleep as she had been awake snce four watching the super blood moon.

No comments: