Monday 21 January 2019

Sunday 20th January 2019

Sunday, and no travel to the Fens, nor no gigs to attend. As on Saturday we were supposed to go to see Dr Feelgood at the Booking Hall, but after the pain my back put me through standing around in the factories last week, I thought it best to pass up the chance. Something I will probably regret.

However, no time for that, as it is MOTD time,a coffee sitting on the sofa. Lovely.

Twenty And no bacon butties, as we are running a day behind, so croissants and more coffee. And as it is a glorious, if cold day outside, Jools presses me to go out for a walk.

For me it is a photographic opportunity, but for Jools, it is a chance to tidy, as she has bought a grabber and is going to collect the rubbish she sees as we walk.

Back to Windy Ridge I wrap up well, not knowing how far I will get, as for the past month a walk starts out pain free, but a tightness begins and I am soon turning for home.

Back to Windy Ridge I make it down the end of the road OK, then down the track to the start of the field, but it is at this point I change my route, ad follow the track up to Collingwood and then on to the new builds in the old quarry, where on the verge outside the second one, a collection of wild flowers is growing and many are still in flower. Although, I don't have access to my Twitter account to post pictures for #wildflowerhour that night, I just like to snap stuff.

Back to Windy Ridge I snap Hogweed, Scentless Mayweed and Winter Heliotrope, all in flower, and I have the macro to get really close.

I feel Ok so walk on to the pig's copse, then down the hill past the farm and up the down to the weed, although it will be a disappointent regarding fungi, and orchids in spring, but it is wonderful to walk through the tall bare trees as the sunshine falls through the bare branches. Ahead of me are two children on Shetland ponies, being lead by an adult, they squeal in delight.

Back to Windy Ridge I also see Mother of Kay next door, the first time we have met since I accused her of knocking down our garden wall. I had no idea how she would react, but was pleasant enough and we both agreed it was a fine day. Am I still angry> Yes, that she did not admit to the deed at the time, and when I made it clear I know she did it and there was a witness, who I did not name, she still denied it. The one thing I did forget when Mick and Kay confronted me was that I did have evidence, not just a neighbours word, that she had knocked down a wall that day, I just forgot.

Back to Windy Ridge Too late now, our friendship is lost, just now a cool greeting on the rare times we meet. It will never be good again, more the pity.

Anyway, Jools is lagging well behind, so I have walked mostly by myself, but allowing me to wander where I want, stop to look at flocks of birds, or listen to a warbler's call. It feel likes spring.

Back to Windy Ridge Back home we have a brew and an early dinner of Christmas turkey sandwiches, which go down well with some red onion chutney.

I write a lot in the afternoon, I am really getting into the posts about my life before I met Jools, and I hope you are too.

I listen to the football, them make steak and chips for dinner, which we have at six with another bottle of pink fizz.

The evening is Uckers and watching The Sky at Night, and just like that another weekend has flown by.

No comments: