Saturday 19 January 2019

Wednesday 16th January 2019

I wake up in my room. Quite comfortable, and I had slept well.

Which was nice.

But there was no avoiding it, I had come over to work, and today was day one of work.

So, I have a shower, get dressed and go to find breakfast, to find that one of our customer’s staff was there, we knew each other so we talk and chat. He asks about Brexit, so I tell him it. Straight.

The factory was just a ten minute drive through the centre of town, in the old shipyards and fishmarkets. This is where we now make blades.

I wait for the others to arrive, then once they are here, I call our host and the fun and games begin, with only a break for lunch.

We finish at gone five, and hour late, and I then had an twenty minute drive to the ferry terminal, then a wait to quarter past six when the next sailing was.

The rain was being driven by a keen northern wind, icy cold. Driving was no fun.

At the terminal, there were no vending machines, so I return to the bus and go on reading Conclave.

The ferry arrives and a handful of vehicles come off and we are waved on by a guy not wanting to come out into the rain. There was more than enough room.

Sixteen I was already hungry, and I knew I had a good hour’s drive to Odense where my next hotel was, so had a crispy burger and fries on the sofa, and ate while still reading the book. See, I’m a bookworm now!

The ferry docks and I am first off, so lead the train of traffic over the pow islands and bridges linking them onto Middlefahrt (really). The rain hammers down, and driving is no fun, even more so when the motorway starts and I could hardly see the road markings, so I drive at 100kmh, and in time come to the edge of the city.

The sat nav guides me in, through roadworks and down cobbled streets to the hotel, opposite Hanc Christen Andersen’s House. Statues of him everywhere, but I just want to get to my room and chill out.

The hotel is ok enough, and the bathroom floor is heated, which is nice. I might just stay there.

So, I write a bit, listen to some music and read more of the book.

Another day over.

No comments: