Thursday 24 January 2019

Wednesday 23rd January 2019

It had been snowing when I went to bed, and the BBC forecast had gone from clouds to snow showers all night.

They weren't wrong, although snow for most of the night had put down less than two inches, that was more than enough to cause travel chaos.

The other side of the curtains Looking out the back window, the whole of the Dip draped in show that hung in trees and hedgerows. And it seemed so light, as what little light came from the leaden skies, was reflected back.

Jools made coffee, had breakfast and made ready to leave. Looking online, traffic was solid leading down Jubilee Way leading to the port, and again along Townwall Street. She was able to plana route, she just had to get the car up the drive.

Snow day She tried to make a run for it from under the car port, but the snow forced her twice off line and to make her put the brakes on. She began to clear the drive, I helped, then I said I would try to get the car up.



I put the car into second and went for it. Using the higher gear meant the wheels did not slip so much, and I got it onto the road. Jools was off, and I walked to the end of the road to look at the state of Station Road, it was just about passable for non 4x4s, so she should be OK.

Twenty three I took a few shots and went back into the house, making sure that there was enough food for the birds before I went to warm myself up, and to put the kettle on.

The excitement over, the day went back to normal, or sort of normal, except with snow falling all morning, putting down another half inch.

In the afternoon, I went out to clear the drive way as best I could, so Jools could get the car down if she wanted, and as long as there was no more white stuff, could get back out in the morning.

The cats only went out at four, and came quickly back complaining of "meow".

One of those days.

I make chicken kiev with curried rice for dinner, and was pretty darn good even if I say so myself.

We spend a quiet night before Jools went to bed early, and the house returned to silence.

No comments: