Friday 25 January 2019

Thursday 24th January 2019

Thursday, and still we look out onto the Kentish tundra, as the show turned into ice in the bitter cold overnight.

I was going to do cross training, but I realised I had several important mails, so once Jools had gone to work, I have a shower, get dressed and am ready for action.

These past two days have been little else other than meetings, which makes a change from travel I suppose. So, I have time to send the mails I should have done the evening before, make another brew and ready for the department meeting. These turn into talking shops, or at least an opportunity to moan, we just hope that someone, somewhere listens and will do something.

Twenty four Outside the sun breaks through and the snow begins to melt.

It would have been nice to go out and have a wander, but just no time with work piling up all the time.

I have an early lunch, and crack on and on.

I am worn out by the end of the day, just dealing with stuff, trying to remember all what to say. Is this how it is going to be until I retire?

I make chorizo hash for dinner, which comes out very well indeed. Doubly so with some wine.

We listen to the radio, write and go to bed. One day to the weekend.

No comments: