Thursday 31 January 2019

Wednesday 30th January 2019

It is now getting quite light in the mornings, now getting light when Jools leaves for work. Although this week, if feels very much like midwinter with temperatures hovering around freezing and there being a breeze making it feel colder. Though its not Midwest cold, mind. Thank goodness. Still no getting the cats out of the house though.

Thirty Jools gets ready to go to work, at least with no snow she could get the car up the drive with no bother.

And so to work.

Another frosty, snowy one Work is, well work, and it gets ever harder sometimes to find the enthusiasm for it. But there you go, it pays for our life here. So best get on with it.

Come early afternoon, and my colleagues in DK all struck down by some strong flu, a double bout of cancelled meetings suggested to me I should go out for a walk.

Some winter sunshine With my back still complaining, not far, just out of the house, then up to Collingwood, along that to the path crossing back over the fields to our street.

Twenty minutes, but in the glorious sunshine, with no breeze, even though cold, you could almost imagine the heat of the afternoon sun.

Some winter sunshine I was hunting for flowers, and shots for the day, but I found a Shepherd's Purse in the verge beside Station Road, and a new colony of Winter Heliotrope, which I was happy with.

By the time I turned back for home, my back was grumbling quite loudly, so it was good to reach the top of the drive and slither down to the back door.

Some winter sunshine And that is that. Another hour at work, but my back really wanted a lay down, so I lay on the bed and was joined by Scully who didn't miss the chance to remind me it was nearly dinner time.

After dinner, I go to lay in bed to listen to the football, but miss most of the second halves as I fall asleep.

Some winter sunshine It is the time of the year, I tells you!

No comments: