Wednesday 23 January 2019

Wednesday 22nd January 2019

Tuesday morning.

I have been putting off getting back on the cross trainer for some time, but after the walk on Sunday, and feeling no long term effects, after the first coffee, I put on my trainers and got pumping.

Just twenty minutes, to about 5 tracks by The Clash and Dexys, good enough for a start.

All ready then for a long sit down at the table as work gets ever more demanding.

The cats go straight to bed after eating breakfast, and neither moves until late in the afternoon. I mean, should we all come back as cats?

I stop just long enough to have some toast and a brew before I throw myself back into the fight.

Twenty two Things quieten down late in the afternoon, people over in DK and Germany had finished early, and I take to the sofa to watch a documentary on "God's Own Architect", aka Augustus Welby Pugin. The program put some flesh on his bones, and partly explained his prodigious workrate through his brief 40 years on earth,a nd the tragedy that took his first two wives so very young.

He died in Ramsgate, and his family home that he designed, fells everything other than a home. Even the door knobs are Gothic.

Later, I cook dinner, a fresh batch of sausage rolls, in puff pastry, and so once she is home, and accompanied by fresh brews, they were rather wonderful.

And that was it for the day, more writing, music. And early to bed, by which time the snow had begun to fall outside.....

No comments: