Wednesday 30 January 2019

Tuesday 29th January 2019

Tuesday morning.

And life goes one.

Already we have forgotten the pain and tears from Friday and Saturday. But it is not gone, its still there, waiting to catch us both unawares. But for the most part, life goes on, and we get on with the rest our lives.

We feel guilty about that. About laughing, going out for a meal, laughing at a comedy radio show.

But its what we do.

We wake up and it is mighty cold in the house, but the heating switches on, and soon the new boiler is making the house warmer, much quicker than the old one.

And after I have coffee and Jools leaves for work, I do a session on the cross trainer. Just 20 minutes, but it is a start and I feel much better about that. Outside its a much more overcast than on Monday. And it is cold.

In the garden, birds are about before it is fully light, looking for food, and singing about the hunt. I fill up the feeders and then watch as the birds come from all over the neighbourhood.

Its a big day, as I'm waiting for a new computer to be delivered. The big all in one widescreen thing I had gave up the ghost two weeks back, and this new one has been sent from China as our paid replacement. This means trying to remember the passwords for the websites I use, so when the time comes, I can carry on posting or blogging.

But I wait for the call from the delivery bloke, which surely will come when I'm in a meeting for work, no?

Twenty nine Indeed it does. The door goes and a happy Pole stands there wanting me to sign for the box that has Dell plastered all over it.

I go back to the meeting.

But the day passes, clouds sweep over and dusk comes a good two hours earlier than on Monday. The cats want feeding, and so I prepare and cook dinner.

We have bangers and mash along with the last can of Boston beans we brought back from the US, and sausages we got from Tesco, which were underwhelming, but hey, sausages.

And the day turns to evening, I put on the radio to listen to the evening Prem games before going to lay in bed for the second half, and how, somehow Newcastle come from a goal down to beat Citeh with a last minute goal.

Who saw that coming?

No comments: