Saturday 13 August 2022

Friday 12th August 2022

I won't lie, this week has dragged.

And then some.

The trickle of people coming back to work increased a little, but there is still lots of out of office messages.

Of other news, my soon-to-be-exboss had a heart attack whilst on holiday. News early in the week was bad, and then an update stated he had gone back on the rad to complete their vacation trip.

So, that's some really good news.

On Friday he sent a picture of him holding the flowers the department sent to him in hospital, that he couldn't receive when sent as he had already been discharged.

Yay.

It was also Friday. I would finish early due to the retake of my eye test after the balls-up on Monday. Jools would come home and then we would head into town for half two and my appointment. She would go swimming in the harbour.

Two hundred and twenty four Until then there was the suual chores to put the bings out, make coffee and breakfast. And be logged on for the COO townhall meeting, which was fantastic. In that it was a work of fantasy. OH, how I laughed.

If anything, Friday was hotter than Thursday, and even with both door open and working in the fridge it was still hot. Concentration came hard, and then the usual spots in my vision giving me the warning of an impending migraine. I go to lay on the ssofa in the dark and close my eyes.

Nothing much was happening, so at half one, half an hour early, I logged off and put the leptop and screen away for the weekend.

Just wait for Jools now.

She came home, we had a brew then out in the car, dropping her off on the Promenade, then I zipped round to Ladywell to park. Then came a ten minute battle with the parking app, which kept crashing, so I went old school and ued cash instead.

A short walk past the drunks outside the Prine Albert, one guy without a shirt, barely able to stand, was trying to eat a sausage roll from Greggs. I left him behind as I walked into the airconitioned cool of the optician.

Our finest Dour I had the tests again I had Monday, except the really bright one that caused me to blink. And then in with the optician and see how bad my eyes had got. In fact there has been no change in two and a half years, so no new glasses needed, and just the test to pay for.

Sweet.

I walked back to the car, Jools was waiting down by the market square, so I would pick her up on the way home. Work on the square has now finished and the fencing removed. Some kind of vapour was coming out of the arches, might have been water. Children seemed thrilled.

Our finest Dour Jools was waiting, so I stopped, she got in and we drove to Townwall Street and then home.

Time enough to feed the cats then go to Jen's for some early card action as Sylv is going home on Monday.

It was a really lovely evening. Not rushed as usual, but lazy and lots of laughs. And having discovered an old bottle of KahlĂșa I made a White Russian.

So nice I made another.

And another.

The making of a fine evening was helped as I won at both Meld and Queenie. Our money tin now half full by the end of the evening, when it was less than half that at the start of the evening.

Jools drove us home as I was tipsy fart, andamazed to see the huge red almost full moon hanging just above the eartern horizon.

Red Leicester Back home I got the camera out to snap it.

No comments: