Friday 5 August 2022

Thursday 4th August 2022

Another day nearer the weekend.

At least.

I could lie and say its been months since I spoke to a colleague at work, Rune came back on Mondya and we have spoken twice this week. But, you know, the endless out of office messages when you reply to a mail is just, mindblowing.

Euplagia quadripunctaria I pour myself another margarita as I file the reply away.

Not really.

Next week, things swing back into action and things will get busy. Except on Monday when have an eye test and dental appointment and will be off most, if not all the day.

Acrobasis suavella So it goes.

Yes, an eye test as its been over two years. IN fact, just before the pandemic struck. And two wisdom teeth have fractured, opposite ones on my upper and lower jaw, so not sure how they will be fixed. At least I'm not in pain. Yet.

Eupithecia centaureata And so on with the show, and first thing is to check the moth trap I put out the night before. Dozens caught, halfof which fly off when I turn the light off and take it off the trap. But left behind were two Jersey Tigers, and Elephant hawkmoth among others. I take shots of the fancier ones and put the trap in the shade so they moths are not burned by the sun.

I make coffee.

And have toast for breakfast. Should have been fruit, but sometimes it has to be toast.

I do go for a walk during the day. I had a migraine coming, so it was best to get outside.

I went up Station Road, then along past the war memorial, then up to the wood and along before coming back down past the farm.

Aeshna mixta Plenty of butterflies seen, including a couple of Painted Ladies, and coming back across the field, another two Clouded Yellows in the field of Lucerne. It was windy again, so I let them be.

Sympetrum striolatum It was a fine, warm day, and a pleasure to be out, and take 15 minutes on the bench to look at the scene as the land dropped down towards the Otty Bottom Road.

Along Green lane, I saw and snapped two dragonflies: a Migrant Hawker and a Common Darter, always nice to get close ups of dragons.

Back home where I defrost some sausages for lunch, then use some of the bread I made earlier for fried slices.

Naughty but nice.

I sit in the garden with Scully. We agree its too warm to do anything worthwhile, not even rake any more grass up. The ice cream goes up the street. I look in wallet, I have no change or a fiver. I could have one using a tenner, but its four and will soon be dinner. I grit my teeth and don't get one.

Two hundred and sixteen I prepare dinner, kofte kebabs, chips and fresh corn. A fine and dirty dinner, and hits the spot.

There is little else to tell.

We have coffee, but there is no more ice cream in the house, so listen to the radio and I write.

Darkness falls, and tomorrow is Friday, and after that, the weekend.

No comments: