Thursday 25 August 2022

Wednesday 24th August 2022

Wednesday.

And the first part of us spending to reduce our outgoings.

We had a woodburning fire already, but turns out there was no flue in the chimney, or incorrectly fitted, which mean the sweep condemmed it last time he came.

And with the cost of gas set to triple, we thought that we should do something.

We are waiting to have solar panels fitted, but before then the new burner was to be fitted.

Jools went to work, well, swimming first, at six. I had coffee and breakfast.

I had been awake since three, worrying about a new task at work, and trying to figure how I could get it done. So, I lay there for two hours until the alarm went off, my mind doing 100mph.

Fire! So, I wasn't in a good mood. Tetchy. And there was the working day to get through. But that wasn't too bad.

And the guys came at eight, and began to work. Spreading out dust sheets, then dismantling the old burner, taking the pieces out, and then taking the stumpy liner out of the chimney.

And then fitting the new liner. One of them rattles up a ladder and feeds the metal tube down, while the other guy waits and gets a face-full of soot for his trouble.

Fire! The put the new fire in, connect it all up.

And done just before lunch.

I work on.

I have to say that the fire look spendid in the fire place. We just need to get some wood and give it a test drive.

Two hundred and thirty six Work goes on, ending in more meetings, over-running to half three.

I decide that dirty food, chips, was needed, so instead of noodles I make fried potatoes to go with the fish cakes and fresh corn, while I have a large bottle of frosy Hoegaarden.

Yummy.

The evening was just a question of whether I would last until nine before going to bed. Quarter to, at half time in the football.

It was already dark.

I fell asleep quickly.

No comments: