Friday 19 August 2022

Thursday 18th August 2022

Another day nearer the weekend.

Here I am at the Hammersmith Hotel, wishing my days away.

Or something.

The week has not gone well, really. And yet I am fine. I haave no more emothin devoted to the job anymore. I told them things were shit, I was told it'd be taken care of. It wasn't.

I try not to write about work too much, but it is such a frikkin disaster right now, it takes up most my waking hours. Not that I care or I can do anything about it, but the sheer incompitence that got us here.

Jools didn't feel like going swimming, so she went for a short walk instead, I would go later.

I said.

No rain had fallen over night, and on the storm radar there was no lightning to be seen, well, this side of the Alps.

I set up the office, and after logging on find I am late for a department meeting where the latest sticking plaster is being described. I know we all mean well.

I listen in silence, trying to understand how the risk is being managed.

My head hurt.

Once that was over I had breakfast and another coffee, and got back to whatever the latest task I had to do was.

I am left alone to get on with it, and I work in bursts of "energy", with periods, long periods, of contemplation between. Sometime the persiods of contemplation merge into longer periods of snoozing. I mean thinking.

I do find a way forward.

After lunch, I went for a walk. It had been nearly a week.

I took off over the field, and thought I saw some Spearmint in the margin by the small horse paddock. I was partly right, it was a mint, put the much rarer Pennyroyal, though as my camera was on the wrong settings the close up shots are poor. But good enough for an ID.

Two hundred and thirty And for the same reason the close up shots of the butterflies I took were also poor. Not worth posting.

But any walk is never wasted, so I ploughed on up the slope to the bench, sate in the lea of the hedge and began to sweat.

Walk Phew.

Then the final few steps up the slope, then along Green Lane, pasing to snap Wall Browns and try to snap the Small Whites, all the while getting closer to home.

Lots of blues at the corner of the big fields on the way down to Collingwood. Mostly Common Blues, but a Holly Blue mixed in.

I walked home, feeling the heat when I got in, so I had a pint of iced squash, not beer, and sat in the shade checking on my mails as the afternoon crept towards four and leaving off time.

Chimay I pack the laptop and screen away, and am all ready to cook dinner at five; nothing complicated, just fishcakes, noodles and steamed corn. Simple and tasty.

Jools arrived home, dinner was ready, so I dish up and we eat.

ctually no football to watch this evening, so I listen to the radio, and am pooped by nine, so go to bed and was sonn zedding away.

No comments: