Tuesday 23 August 2022

Monday 22nd August 2022

Welcome to the working week.

Again.

On this week in 1983, I finished my YOP scheme, working in an electrical shop where I found the true meaning of dead end job.

First day I was told there was no chance of a full time job, but it was eight pounds a week more than doing nothing at home. So I learned the tricks of the trade, how not to wire a plug and drive slowly down the prom on a delivery.

So, suddenly eight whole pounds a week worse off.

But, 39 years later and I am being paid a king's ransome for doing what I do. And when I work out what I do I will let you know.

There was a question on FB asking, in a sentence describe what job you do. I answered that I tell other people they're doing they're job wrong.

Which about covers it.

We were up at half five, Jools getting ready to leave before six so she could go swimming, and I could get ready for a day at the coalface.

Infinity I make a strong second cup of coffee and log on.

Not much had happened over the weekend.

There was no cooking to do, as I had left over Moroccan rice and KFC to feast on for lunch, at leat for two lunches, so just have to make sure I have breakfast, more coffee and then the occasional brew.

Syrphus ribesii Its not a hard life.

Last week I snapped what I thought to be spearmint, but turned out, maybe, to be the much rarer Pennyroyal. But as I had the camera on the wrong settings, I had to go and retake the shots.

Macroglossum stellatarum On the way I found much Ivy in flower, and all a buzz with insects all looking to feed from tis small flowers. This is a sign that summer is nearly over, as its this which I think used to trigger my extreme allergies, but not much longer now I have the spray.

So, I snap the Ivy and walk over the fields, past a dozen people taking a break from some long distance walk, but clearly knowing they looked suspicious, and trying to look as though they had every right to be there.

I wished them good morning, and walked on.

I got the shots of the suspect Pennyroyal, and walked back home as I had not one, but two separate back aches, arriving home, having a cold drink and thought about lunch of rice and chicken.

I worked through to three, then finished and went to repair the shed, which needed some TLC as the screws holding the door on were coming out. So, armed with a screwdriving and bigger screws, I grollied on some new ones.

Seemed to work.

I sat with Scully, we watch the butterflies and Hummingbird hawkmoths flitting about, I was even tempted to go and take a few shots.

Dinner was smoked haddock, cooked in the oven with butter, pepper and fresh lemon juice, boiled potatoes and fresh corn.

All yummy.

All set for the evening with the much anticipatedgame between Man Utd and Liverpool, which Liverpool were expected to win by a cricket score.

Of course, in the end, it was different and Utd won 2-1, should have been more, but maybe crisis over.

No comments: