Friday 12 August 2022

Thursday 11th August 2022

Here we are again.

Another day.

Another day of rising temperatures with zero prospect of rain.

And work.

First job of the day, after feeding the cats and making coffee is to open both doors to allow a brreze. At least living on the coast and on the downs means there is an actual breeze, keeping the edge off the heat. And we have a garden and places in shade. Others are not so lucky, I know.

Jools gets ready for work, goes for a walk when its coolest, while I have a coffee, a shower and am ready for work at seven.

At about nine I felt a migraine coming, so went for a walk across the fields to look for butterflies, but even hen it was already too hot to go any further, so I turned for home and a waiting cool drink.

Sitting outside for lunch or mid-morning snack was too hot, I had to wait until after three, by which time the shadow of the house put the top pation in shade, so was cool enough. Scully came from some cool corner of the garden to join me.

Shall I have a beer, Scully? I asked her.

She purred.

So I got a beer.

I watched the butterflies, bees and birds, not so many birds, but plenty of butterflies, although none settling for long.

Two hundred and twenty three I sit in the shade and enjoy the breeze, shade and beer for an hour.

After feeding the cats, I make fritters and boil some corn, making the kitchen feel like the gates of hell with two range burners going. I have, apparently, agreed to cook for the five of us on Sunday, when it will be even hotter.

Silly me.

I have finished cooking by the time Jools gets home, we sit down to eat and compare our days. Not much to tell.

We clear away, wash up and make coffee, still too warm to sit outside, we enjoy the cool inside and the evening's music on the wireless.

No comments: