Saturday 27 August 2022

Friday 26th August 2022

Happy unbirthday.

So, back to work and what to do about what happened yesterday?

I called my boss, soon to be ex-boss, and he said I have done noting wrong and did what was expected.

Which helped.

So, I replied to the mail and set about doing something else.

Something else was arranging travel to Denmark next month, and imagine my surprise to find that the British Airways direct flight between London City and Billund is back running, so instead of taking all day to tavel there and back, it would be 90 minutes.

That put me in a better mood.

Meanwhile, Jools didn't have yoga, but covering for Donna meant she left at half six, I put on the radio that we missed the night before, and so the day went quite well.

I had breakfast and all in all, life was good.

I made sausage rolls for lunch, using a pack of pre-made pastry and a pack of wild garlic sausages, which I had at one with the rolls just cool enough to eat, sitting on the patio the working day having ended.

Village view At two, Jools came back, we had a brew then went for a walk.

Yes, a walk. First one this week.

Up Station Road, then taking the track past the USAAF war memorial, hoping to see plenty of butterflies. But, a few seen on the wing, but none sttled, possibly as floweres were few and far between.

We went up to Windy Ridge then along Green Lane where there would usually be hudred, just a handful seen, and none settled again.

Two hundred and thirty eight Down the slope, past the farm and then along the top of The Dip, though itself was out of site, and bac across the fields to home.

It was officially hot again.

Jools went for a haircut, so meanwhile I prepared three bags of cooking palles we got last week, then cooked them with two tubs of blackberries picked from the highways and byways around our neighbourhood. The small apples took some peeling, but once done, I put them in a pan with the berries, some sugar, then bring to the boil and simer for a while.

Jools is going to make a crumble over the weekend, so once cooked we let the fruit cool down.

And after the music quiz, we go to Jen's for supper and cards, and with Sylv now home in Bury, there is less confusion.

Supper is lasagne and oven chips, and the bottle of beer I took turned out to be English white sparking wine, and very fruity it was, though I shared it around.

Cards is good, Jools and I end up again, and happy.

No comments: