Wednesday 17 August 2022

Tuesday 16th August 2022

Home alone.

Jools was in Bury, and I was alone with four cats.

Can you be alone with four cats?

What I can tell you is that coffee doesn't make itself. And making coffee would have to wait until I had fed the cats, or put their bowls down in their preferred places and they decide if on that day, they would eat it.

Or not.

They all eat and are gone.

I make coffee and open the front and back doors. The weather had supposed to have broken, but it still felt humid.

Apart from making my own coffee, for the rest of the day it was pretty much how things would have been had Jools just gone to work. In fact, I would had to go to collect her from Priory station just before two, so I had seven hours work to get done, and if I was ahead enough, I might finish for the day so we could go for a drink or a slice of cake.

I log on for work, and once two Windows update had been installed and the computer restarted, I could get working.

Not much to report, really. Most people back from work, more mails and lots of questions and mails to answer.

I made a small loaf for lunch, and for the next few days, that being ready at 11, and time to have a crust, still warm, with butter and tangy orange marmalade.

Yummy.

The day slipped by, and it was time to head to the station, traffic is never as bad as you think its going to be, so I sat for twenty minutes waiting for the Javelin from London. Gave me time to people watch.

Two hundred and twenty eight Jools arrived and told me her adventures on Monday, where all reserved seats were filled, and she sat on the floor until a icket collector told her there were seats nearer the front. But she and Sylv were split up, and Jools had to walk down the train to find her before they arrived at Wigan, to ensure Sylv got off.

And then the train to Sylv's failed to step at her local station, so they had to get off in Bolton and get a taxi back.

That evening, Jools told me that the grass was green up there.

Imagine that.

Jools was shattered, so we came home, made a brew and sat outside in the milky, humid sunshine and had an ice cream.

The garden was filled with butterflies: lots of Small Whites and three Red Admirals, along with two Hummingbird hawkmoths. I snapped two out of the three.

Vanessa atalanta Then went to cook dinner. I say cook, we had Caprese as there was fresh bread. I also had wine. As did Jools, though she had chilled white.

After clearing up, there was football to follow, Norwich playing Huddesfield at home, and won, 2-1! So, up from 24th to 16th.

Yay.

No comments: