Wednesday 24 August 2022

Tuesday 23rd August 2022

A day which began dull and normal, and ended with chaos with just about the whole company trying to talk to me.

What did I do wrong?

We shall see.

Tuesday, and I had a whole load of stuff to do, though not that much I thought I would spend the last 5 hours in meetings. But that to come.

Not only did I sleep through the alarm, I slept through Jools getting up, making coffee, feeding the cats and the sun rising. Getting up at half six as she went for a shower.

I had half an hour before work.

I had a long conversation with my colleague, Henrik, as his kid brother has been moved into a hospice and so not expected to last the week. His brother is about my age, doesn't sound right.

And yet we are all getting older.

How older?

Well, on a lighter note, as I lay in bed this morning, I thought how ticket prices for football matches are now crazy. In the Prem, an average ticket can set you back £100, more if you have really good seats. Or in London. In Norwich it's about £50. On the 1st October 1983, Norwich played hosts to Manchester United, who my friend, Simon, supported. We splashed out on tickets in the old Main Stand, and it cost us £4.00 each. In 1986, for my 21st birthday, my parents bought me a season ticket in the River End, for 21 games it cost £50.

I ay there thinking, 1983 isn't that long ago, and then I remember it was 39 years ago. It's like my Granddad telling me about something that happened to him at the beginning of the 1930s. All relevant, I suppose.

Season tickets now start at £534 at Norwich, is that a resonable price rise over 39 years?

I don't think so.

I was going to go out for a walk. After lunch I thought, and then the meetings started.

And didn't stop.

All work had been brought forward and I had to send what I had by first thing in the morning. I had to make some last minute changes, so got an extra hour or two. Then my boss calls and wants me to take on 5 (five) audits, with possible two weeks travel to Denmark. In 12 days time!

As ever, details were thin on the ground, and that would be the source of my bad night's sleep later that evening as my brain thought it good to fret about it at three in the morning.

Sigh.

There is ever more Hummingbird hawkmoths to be seen in the garden, sometimes two at once. I take more shots.

Of course.

And then it was the evening, time to pack away, sit in the sun a bit, then prepare dinner which was caprese and garlic bread, and as it turned out, I had been nowhere, the feast is my picture of the day.

Two hundred and thirty five We tidy up and I settle down to follow Norwich in the League cup, with weariness took over me, and I went to bed at nine, early in the second half, with the scroes level at 1-1. City went on to lose on penalties.

Focus on the league, Billy.

No comments: