Sunday 14 August 2022

Saturday 13th August 2022

Day one of the heatwave weekend.

It was going to be a hot one. In fact, it was already very warm when we got up, the plan for the day was that there was no plan. Just go shopping and get home and stay cool.

So, we had coffee and were on the road for half six, the sun already up and it being 25 degrees outside.

Hardly any traffic about, especially when we headed away from Sandwich and then over the marshed to Preston. THere was a queue to get in the village shop, it was five to seven, but the butcher was open. They had the order done, so I paid and off we went, back to Dover and to Tesco.

Even though the tank was just half full, topping it up now comes to nearly £60, would be over a hundred if empty. And the weekely shop with just a few extra fresh herbs came to £120.00. I mean we can afford it, without blinking, many won't be able to pay.

We loaded the car and drove home, unpacking as quck as we can. I grill bacon and make brews as Jools puts the shopping away. We sit down to eat crispy strips of streaky bacon, smoked of course, so hot the butter runs in rivers down our arms.

Yellow Yummy.

And that is it, really.

Jools does go out to do a tip run and pop into town for some cotton, I stay home and listen to music, then switch to watching the Football League and then listening to Radio 5 for the main games.

Norwich are still misfiring, and ended up losing 2-1 at HUll, and sunk to the bottom of the league with one point from three games.

Sigh.

I would have watched the evening game, Brentford v Man Utd, but we were taking Jen and Sylv out for dinner, I didn't even watch the first ten minutes of the game, as we went to collect the lovely ladies from Whitfield, then headed out on the Sandwich road.

They had dressed up, it was too hot for Jools and me, so I was wearing cargo pants and crocs.

Our target was The Rising Sun at Stourmouth, where Jools and I were going to have paella, but for us there was bad news, as a chef was off and they had a reduced menu.

Two hundred and twenty five I made do with a buger and Jools had a stuffed Yorkshire pudding.

It was simple, but good, even if the guy on the next table glared at us all evening.

I went out to check on the half time score, and had a preminition that Utd were 4-0 down. Imagine my surprise to find they were!

That's how it stayed, and we finished our meals, then I drove us home in the gloaming.

And you thought we had an Audi!

No comments: