Saturday 27 February 2021

Friday 26th February 2021

It am nearly the weekend.

For Jools it already was.

I had six hours or so.

And to look forward to was three modules of e-learning on document management.

Aren't I the lucky one?

Being a Friday, there was no alarm to sleep through, so we lay awake waiting for it to go off, but we are now at the point of the year when it is beginning to get light when it is tme to get up, no more guessing whether it is half twelve, two or six.

Jools went for a walk, while I had second coffee and logged onto to work, and after checking on mails I click on the lin to the e learning page.

Fifty seven All went well until the sound cut out, and the animation stopped.

I restarted my computer, logged onto everything again, started the e learning and the same happened.

Frogspawn I restarted the computer. Again. Logged back on, and the same thing happened.

I gave up.

I had other things to do, so do that, until a conversation with my colleague where he said he had the same issues, but did the learning without audio and passed the test at the end. Maybe I could wing it?

And it was all yellow Maybe.

So, once Jools was back from Tesco and yoga, and we had put away the shopping, had lunch. I tried again.

The e learning was in English, the slides were in English, you would think I would find it easy? It wasn't. An hour later I finish and start the test, which is a repeat of what we just did, but no explaination as to why many of the tasks were be being tested on actually did.

It told me to click a button, there were two dozen buttons. Each wrong press resulted in my losing marks. I was amazed to find that I had passed the test, I wasn't expecting to have a positive score, but there you go.

Kerbside crocuses I log off and what I learned was filed in my brain's recycle bin.

Jen came round, she was here for dinner and to play cards. But frst, after brews, we would go for a walk. Not far.

Just up along the street, up Station Road, passed the war monument, along the track and cut through the other streets to come back home. I think we were away for 45 minutes, if that, I saw no wild flowers in bloom, but a walk is never wasted.

Kerbside crocuses Back home we have a game of Meld, then I go to cook courgette fritters for us all.

Three courgettes, a sweet potato, a sweet pepper, two eggs, flour, lemon juice, spices and fry the resulting gloop in hot olive oil, and we eat very well indeed.

We were talking so much, I missed the evening music quiz, so after clearing away we have another game of Meld before Jen says she would go home to watch the end of the snooker.

So she did.

And as if by magic, it was the weekend.

No comments: