Thursday 4 February 2021

Wednesday 3rd February 2021

Day three of the IT clusterfuck, and i was worried that my boss think I was some sort of numpty, having not been able to log into the new company's IT systems.

I was getting stressed.

I had filled out an IT ticket, and head just once in the previous 24 hours that my problem was important to them, and they would get back to me.

It was pouring with rain, so I don't go out for a walk, Jools leaves for work wearing her waterproofs so she could walk.

I log into work at seven, and there is no news. No mail from IT.

I do answer what mails I have, and later call my friend, Rune, to go through the process of logging on to see if I had done something stoopid or missed something obvious.

Good news was that I hadn't. And not as dumb as I feared I was.

Which was nice.

So began a day which involved lots of waiting around mainly for mails from IT and meetings. The department meeting is interesting, as several of the team live in Chennai, India. Which I have just Googled, and the good news is, is is the capital of what was known as Madras. And I like Madras. And rice. And a garlic naan.

Thirty four Anyway, where was I?

Yes, tasks are piling up, and yet I can not get on their systems.

Sigh.

I get a reply from IT.

They can't fix it, but are in dialogue with Microsoft.

Serious stuff.

So I have to wait some more. But they also agreed it wasn't just a case of me bing a divvy.

Which is nice.

The day fades, and the rain eases and cloud lifts just in time for sunset, while lights up the day. I take a shot to show that it didn't actually rain all day.

Evening light Dinner is fritters, and due to a shortage of courgettes, I had to bulk them out with potatoes, and instead of cayenne pepper, I used hot Spanish paprika. As well as all the usual unweighed ingredients.

And with the spicy dip Liza sent from Canada, they were superb, and the potato adding a cripsy shell to the fritters. And with the dip; lovely.

And with the large glass of wine, just wonderful.

And that was that.

There was football to follow on t'internet, Brighton winning at Liverpool and West Ham having more points this season after 19 games than they dd in the whole of last season's 38 games.

Mind. Blown.

Time for bed.

No comments: