Friday 12 February 2021

Thursday 11th February 2021

Jools parked the car under the car port to protect it from frost, as the forecast had little chance, it said, of any more snow falling. So, Wednesday evening, at least two fresh inches fell, meaning that we would have to clear the drive before Jools could go to work.

Ready to go We set the alarm for five, and had the heating on low all night, so the cold of the morning was less of a shock. We have a coffee and the don jumper, coat, hat and boots to go out and start sweeping.

Fresh blanket As it was still fresh, a stiff broom was all that was needed, and in just over five minutes two tracks were cleared up the drive, so Jools could load the car and leave.

National speed limit I waved as she left, then walked to the end of the street to see the state of Station Road. It was clear, so that meant Jools would be fine to get to work, as all other roads she would use would be main ones.

Station Road I walked back home, walking down the middle of the street, then down the drive, before putting the bins out, though I doubted the collection would happen.

Badger tracks I was right, of course. Anyway, back indoors, I make a fresh brew and prepare for the day at work, starting at seven so I was on the same timings as my Danish colleagues again. I did make a third coffee, so saw the sun rise over the other side of the Dip, casting blind optimism on the new day.

Forty two I take a shot.

And to work, where there was meetings to be had, our COO giving his take on the previous day's news.

The day progresses.

But I have actual work to do. Review a new process document, as I will have to conduct audits against this in the future.

Snowmageddon 2021 The day flies by.

Jam and crisp sandwiches for lunch, and more tea.

A meeting with my boss.

And after yet another meeting, the five hours of wearing headphones gave me ear ache in my right ear. I felt like crap, so at half three I wrap it up for the day.

Evening light Dinner was pasta and home made sauce, for which I take the left over salsa and turn it into a fine pasta sauce. Needed truffle drizzle, a chorizo, and was stunning.

We eat well, and I finish a box of wine, it had a glass left in. A large glass. A very large glass.

I needed it, I think.

There was football in the evening, Barnsley v Chelski. Chelski made ten changes, so I thought if they're not going to take the cup seriously, neither would I. I half watch the first half, then go to bed, to find Cleo waiting for me, all curled up looking cute. I curl up around her.

Outside the wind howled, I slept on.

No comments: