Saturday 6 February 2021

Friday 5th February 2021

Here we go, last day of the working week, and to mark the occasion, there is a meeting at seven in the morning to attend. My new colleagues are spread round the globe, over half are in Chennai in India, and another is in the Far East. So, getting a time when we can all attend is a problem, I guess this is what comes with being a global company, or being part of one now.

We don't set the alarm, meaning once we are up at six, I have less than an hour before I have to be at work.

At half past, I am double-booked, so jump out of one into another, where we discuss supplier quality. Our boss is in Denmark, I am in my living room, the other three attendees are in Chennai, they sound like were in the next room.

Witch hazel That done, I have an hour before the next meeting, at least there was no need to jump into the first meeting, so once Jools got back from Sainsbury's, we unpack then have breakfast and another coffee.

Hellebore Already halfway through the day, and not much to show for it.

I am getting used to the IT situation, with two browers open, one logged into the old company, and the other with the new one. I manage to update e mail signatures, so I was inline with corporate identity.

Primrose Primula vulgaris Jools and I have ham rolls for lunch, outside it is a glorious day, I would love to go out, but I have to work, and off the roads and main tracks. all else is ankle deep in mud. Jools does tell me of a prmrose she had seen in flower, just along the street and up the footpath, so while the sun shone I go to snap it for #wildflowerhour.

Thirty six When I get back, I could hear some unusual birdsong, I knew right away they were Long Tailed Tits, and sure enough a pair were on our feeders. I only had my macr with me, but too shots anyway, so you san see what wonderful flying cute balls of fluff they are.

Long Tailed Tit Aegithalos caudatus At half three, I am done with work, we have some chocolate with afternoon coffee, before I get making dinner.

Chipotle spiced chicken tacos Dinner was chipotle spiced chicken tacos, and glorious they were. Jools got the ingredients that morning, and i mixed the chicken, onion, spices and vinegar before warming the caco shells, and in about twenty minutes was done.

Chipotle spiced chicken tacos And was yet another triumph, we have six tacos each, laden with the chicken mix, sour cream and cheese.

Chipotle spiced chicken tacos Yummy.

For the evening, there was the music quiz which I was crap as usual at. I had no idea who the mystery act was from the ten very obscure clues. And then warm up ready for Norwich on the tellybox, playing their third game in six days, and looking jaded from kick off. They didn't play badly, but never looked like scoring. Swasea scored from two City mistakes, and that was that.

And was ten fifteen.

I drink my wine and head to bed.

No comments: