Tuesday 16 February 2021

Monday 15th February 2021

The rain had begun Sunday evening, but when we went to bed, there was lots of snow in the front and back gardens. By morning, it had almost all gone, and it was warmert oo, even in the house.

Heavy rain fell outside, adding to the melting snow. I would do no walking that morning, either.

So it goes, so it goes.

Jools is up forst, all ready for her day at work. I lay in bed, able to spread myself out after Cleo got off, she took half the bed and left me with about a quarter right at the edge. I did manage to get some sleep, Cleo slept well, apparently.

By half six, dawn was showing outside. Jools put on her waterproofs and went walking, I stayed in, listening to a podcast, which is the usual activity for Monday morning, catching up on A Word in Your Attic. Best start the week with a smile, as there would be little to laugh about, so it seemed.

Once Jools had returned, changed into her work stuff, loaded the car and was off, leaving me to start work just before seven, which seems to be the best way, really. What with people in our new department mostly working out of Channai, which I worked out was five and a half hours ahead of me here. Not sure where the half hour came from, there's probably a good explaination for it. Somewhere.

Forty six After the joy of getting access to our new company's systems on Friday, the first task was to remember how I did it. After a refresher, I get as far as the virtual Google Chrome hyperlink on the virtual Edge browser, and it all fell down. Same for all of us, apparently, so we could not do our work that day.

But no worries, there's a;ways meetings, with more talking about audits and planning thereof.

The day passes.

I stop for breakfast, and again at lunch. It's barely light, I take a shot of the green-again garden, with the only snow left was the remains of the drifts at the edge of the field the other side of the Dip.

Back to work, and things plod on. We have to explain, again, to our manager that nothing works, all that works is Teams and Outlook, so we can have meetings and send mails.

Yay.

Work continues until four, when having been at work since seven, I think nine hours of bashing my head is enough, and pack up for the day.

Jools bought a miso noodle pack, so I cooked breaded chicken strips, cook the stir fry, add the noodles and then the sauce, and all done. And it was pretty good. Not sure if we'll buy the kit again, just the ingredients, but something new is good.

There was football to watch, but then there always is: Chelski v Toon, which was OK, but as my dear old Dad would say, Newcast weren't going to score a goal as long as they had a hole in their bum. They lost 2-0, without a shot on goal, I think.

No comments: