Wednesday 3 February 2021

Tuesday 2nd February 2021

Groundhog Day.

In that, it was the 338th of March.

And I am still oboarding to our new employer's systems.

There will be meetings.

And as it was Groundhog Day, I can tell you that the local groundhog, Jelltex, saw a shadow and sees at least six more weeks of March.

So, there we are.

But I can tell you, the ice packs and ibufrufen gel is working, as I got at least eight hours sleep and felt better than I did on Monday.

It was raining, and I am a fair weather walker, so did not go out, mainly because there were meetings.

Did I mention that? Anyway, work is odd, some of us have potentially bright new futures, others have either left or are being asked to work out their notice, and outside our circle of close colleagues, we don't know who is staying and who has gone or is going. The joy of carrying on working is tempered by the thoughts that so many good people have gone.

Cleo waits Sigh.

On top of that, I had IT problems. My new employer uses a MS app to verify access to their systems, and so they send codes to your phone and grants you access, or something. Its only a guess as mine did not work.

So, through the day, spread over 6 long hours, between meetings, I changed a password (easy bit), then had to get a verification code. So, had to use an app on my i phone, which worked until it got all confused.

Thirty three Switch it on and off again, said IT, not surprisingly.

Didn't work.

Delete the app, swith the phone off, and reinstall the app.

OK. First bit was easy. I did regret that, but IT said to.

Second part was OK.

Third part, downloading an app, was harder.

I needed an account to link the free app to.

And it was an Apple prodcut, so I needed an Apple ID.

I had one in 2008. I haven't changed my e mail address since then, so that part was OK.

I had to rest my password

And then, using the tiny onscreen keyboard, enter my e mail address and password.

Due to the tiny keyboard and my fat fingers, that took two hours, because you can't see the password being entered so can't see the mistakes.

Let me in Sigh.

So, at four, just when I was about to go into another meeting, I enter it correctly, go through the process, and still doesn't work, no better than at the end of Monday.

The six hundred quid cat toy Sigh.

I update my IT incident ticket and attend the meeting, listen for 55 minutes, and I was done.

Just time to start to prepare dinner, fishcakes, stir fry and noodles.

And a huge glass of wine.

There was football. To follow.

Norwich draw at Millwall.

Sigh. But did not lose.

And then Man Utd ran a cricket score in against Southampton to win 9 (nine)-0. Second time they have lost by that score in a little over a year.

Time for bed.

No comments: