Monday 3 January 2022

Reasons to be cheerful

Although my Mystic Jelltex post as totally negative, I do hope some good stuff will happen through the year.

We have joined a dining club in Deal, and so hope to go frequently to taste some new things. Saying that, our first two attempts have found the evenings to be fully booked, but still, we hope to go out there more often. Often? We've not been there, yet, but you get the picture.

I have booked four nights out at the Astor, one for each of the first four months, to see gigs including Paul Jones, the orignoal Kate Bush backing band and Glen Tillbrook from Squeeze. So, COVID permitting, that's more to look forward to.

IN April, I am due to go to Rhodes on an orchid photography trip, booked with Greenwings. Flights are booked and we have the cash for the accommodation, we just have to wait to see if COVID allows travel then. I have great hopes of some early summer sunshine and exotic Mediterranean orchids. Also to meet likeminded people and a couple of people I have helped write and publish orchid books. I mean, what's not to like?

We have been looking at summer holidays. I prefer a trip by train to and around Italy. Although not quite a summer holiday, the opposite in fact, Jools wants to do an arctic cruise so we can see the northern lights. I think that might be a strong possibility, then we have to see if and how would go do that an go to New Zealand as well. As that is pencilled in, at least accommodation is, though that would need COVID to be defeated I think for NZ to open their borders.

So, we shall see.

Then there is the usual local trips and maybe some further away related to orchids, churches, wild plants, butes and maybe a railtour or two. Always something bubbling away.

And yes, the Orchid season is about four months, maybe less, away, butterflies were seen on New Year's Day, and if something normal returns then lots of trip to see new churches, mostly in the west of Kent, but also a return to Westminster Abbey I think.

So, much to look forward to

No comments: