Friday 7 January 2022

Thursday 6th January 2022

Here we all are once again.

And this is just a four day week, imagine how grim next week'll be?

I sleep through the alarm and was woken as Jools came back up the stairs to have a shower. It was nearly six, and I was to be at work in less than an hour.

Panic.

So, up and make coffee. Check the interwebs, and find that there is no fresh hell. Just tinned.

Sigh.

I have more review of a process. If I'm honest, reviewing an audit process, six interlocking audits, should be interesting, but is dry as a bone.

Crepuscular And dull.

I struggle on, but it tough. Looking at next door's brick wall seems more interesting.

Jools left for work, and I had some tasks for the day on top of work.

1. Hang the two remaining pictures.

2. Change the kitty litter in one of the kitty trays

3. Change the bar of soap and clean the dish.

4. Cook dinner.

I can tell you're excited.

I could have gone for a walk in the morning, as it was sunny if cold. But I said to myself, go this afternoon, though not really meaning it. And knowing it would cloud over and be rain. And there was.

Six I did not go out.

No surprise.

Later on, dinner is to be fritters, which I prepare two hours in advance to allow the flavours to mature. That works.

Darkness falls, rain begins to fall, and the cats demand dinner. Or meow as they call it.

I feed the cats.

I begin cooking, so that once Jools comes home at six, its nearly ready and we can eat straight away. Her day had been much harder than Wednesday, but there are two people going for interviews next week for asistant roles, so her workload should be lightened in a few weeks. She did say there was light in the sky when she left work, showing the year is moving on, even it is just the 6th day of it.

And there is no football to watch as COVID wiped out the League Cup game, so there was just radio to listen to.

I go to bed at half eight to read. Outside the wind howls and the rain hammers down.

Good night.

No comments: