Saturday 14 September 2019

Friday 13th September 2019

All remaining members of the Knights Templar should not answer the door today.

Just in case.

And should I even bother getting out of bed?

Maybe I should.

And as Friday morning is Jools' early morning yoga morning, she is up at 5 and out of the house just after six. By half past I have had my ocffee, earned all that is happening in the world, so I sigh and go on the cross trainer.

Cup and Saucer plant And I really enjoy it. Lots of my favourite tunes, get my blood and legs pumping. But it is hot, and at the end I am also hot. Not in a nice way.

So I have shower, shave and get dressed, have breakfast; the last of the raspberries from the garden, grapefruit and yoghurt, so I am ready for work at eight.

Cup and Saucer plant Outside the weather is warming up, not quite an Indian summer, but will be like summer over the weekend, just in time for me to be in a car driving all over the county for ten hours. Anyway, that's for tomorrow.

The cup and saucer plant looked glorious in the back garden. It has gone from being almost all white to mauve/lilac. And comes out splendid when I snap it, finally having the camera on the right setting.

Cup and Saucer plant Jools comes home at half two, and we go straight out to Tesco as all of Saturday is given over to churchcrawling.

We fill up our trolley, with have twice the amount of spinach than last week, it was that much of a success.

And back home for half three, time to sit in the warm sunshine eating an ice cream before we put the shopping away and i make dinner; fried sliced and breaded aubergine.

And curried rice.

And corn.

Just wonderful.

We tidy up, knowing that most chores were done.

At seven we drive to the cliffs to watch the "micro" full moon rising over France.

I hoped it would rise all red and huge and angry, but clouds covered most of its emergence.

It was cool on the cliffs, the breeze was fresh and bracing, and I had forgotten my jacket. The lights of Calais twinkled in the distance, and ferries moved across the sea.

Above us, seagulls soared on the wind, singing with joy.

Two hundred and fifty six There was an hour on Monty to watch, and then bed. Tomorrow is a big day.

No comments: