Thursday 19 September 2019

Wednesday 18th September 2019

Life settles down pretty well, and quickly.

I mean you travel each week for months, and then you don't and pretty soon it becomes normal.

And you get used to it.

But these days are coming to an end, with weeks of travel coming up, every night, almost, somewhere new, and home at weekends.

Jools had a cold, so when the alarm went off, she didn't get up. So I get up, feed the cats and make coffee, all done for when she comes down after a shower

I tell her to take the day off, but she hopes to spread the germs "to the bastards".

Who am I to argue?

And once she has left, I get my now charged i pod out, set up the next track, Common People, and get pumping.

I have a shower, get dressed and have breakfast.

All caught up, but am ready for work ten minutes late, and that's with no commute; how does that happen?

Two hundred and sixty one It does, time gets away from me, and well, no one seems to miss that I was (slightly) late.

But whatevs, I plough on.

I have the radio on, and once the sun rises high enough, the day warms up so I can have the back door open. Almost like summer again.

The cats bring in a mouse or two, we chase them round the living room, so I can put the mouse back outside, so the cats can chase it, bring it inside.

Wash, rinse repeat.

The day looks warm, but isn't, and in the afternoon a breeze builds, blowing cloud over and ruining the light. No flower hunt for me, then.

So, I make salsa to have with nachos. We are out of Jesper's chili sauce, so I defronst two Scotch Bonnets and add a little at a time so to make a slight burn when you eat it. Three quarters of one chili is all it needed.

I put tortillas, coated in grated cheese into the oven, so to be done when Jools comes home.

And there s beer and cider.

Jools starts to organise the plans for our holiday, while I listen to the football. I know my job.

I listen to the football from bed. I kiss at least half, but like all men wake up when Jools turns the radio off:

What you do that for? I was listening to that.

So, I hear the games to the end, then go to sleep.

Again.

No comments: