Thursday 12 September 2019

Wednesday 11th September 2019

And, you know, life settles down pretty easily after travelling for a couple of weeks, and just three days into two weeks at home, I am settled.

Though, and it must be said, that it can be dull. I mean not rushing to catch trains, planes or hiring souped up cars to drive the half mile to the office is fun. And meeting friends when I travel means what is a work activity has a very nice social side to it too.

But for now, I am home, the cats can meow for food/hugs/food/whatever, bring me mice and birds to snack on, and I listen to the radio in the evenings and am generally all organised.

But again, change is coming, from the 25th of this month, I will be away for the most of the next nine weeks! Yes, nine weeks, as I travel for work, go on vacation and then undergo training courses at opposite ends of England.

It will be interesting. If nothing else.

And give me something to complain about.

And so to Wednesday, and next door's builders return, to grind more slabs, drink more tea and do their job. But they were quieter as they worked in the front garden, and so I could actually do some work.

Two hundred and fifty four Which was nice.

And work is work. I study my roles and responsibilities, study the processes I have to work to. Drink coffee. Have lunch at ten.

The usual.

Work is pretty quiet for now, mails have slowed to a trickle, and so I am able to do the tasks I set for myself, like close my travel expenses.

I finish at four, watch Only Connect on the i player, and try to ignore Scully's pleas for early dinner.

Situation normal.

Dinner is burgers and ice cream. Because. Because.

And then, to be nice, I let Jools beat me at Uckers. Again.

And the day has slipped by again.

No comments: