Tuesday 10 September 2019

Monday 9th September 2019

And back to work.

Again.

And this time, for a change, I was to work from home. Both this week and next week.

But then, the best part of three weeks away in the run up to our major holibobs.

So, for a few days, its just me in the cats, home alone.

And although its the last thing I want to do, I do a session on the cross trainer.

And then to work.

And to read e mails whilst eating my fruit and yoghurt and savour the second cup of Java of the day.

While outside September entered its second week, and the clouds rolled over Kent and a chill breeze cool the land, and make me have the heating on during the day!

I mean what craziness is this? Should still be summer.

Due to the weather/temperature combination, I don't go out, so the picture of the day, and so realy highlight was me trying to make creamed spinach.

So in the space of half an hour I turn two pillow-sized bags of baby leaf into two table tennis balled-sized compressed squidgy green stuff. Melt butter, add milk, add spinach, warm though, add cream.

Two hundred and fifty two Cook new potatoes and pan fry some smoked salmon.

And a healthy dinner.

Next door are having a patio and path put in, and the noise is just about bearable when the builders are trimming the slabs in their back garden. As it turned out, Tuesday would be worse, but that for another day.

The evening was spent listening to the radio and following the chaos in Parliament via Twitter.

Read my other blogs for details.

And that was Monday.

One final thing: when we go to Chicago, there is a strong chance we will meet up with another of my long-time online friends, Photons, aka Forkboy. We have been busy swapping messages and it all seems pretty set. This makes us even more excited about being on holiday.

More news as we get it.

No comments: