Tuesday 3 September 2019

Monday 2nd September 2019

Back in the jug agane.

Yes, back to Denmark, the usual flights from LCY are running again, so I can have a nice day travelling and looking out of the window.

And then came the flu.

I wasn't too well on Sunday, but at just gone two Monday morning, I woke up sneezing and the usual stuff.



Sleep was never going to return, so at three I got up, fed the cats and messed about online until Jools got up at half four when the alarm went off.

I made coffee.

So, b the time she dropped my off at Martin Mill, I had been awake nearly four hours already.

Urggh.

Leaving for Cannon Street And I was a mess. Sneezing, coughing and generally being ill. Maybe I shouldn't have travelled?

And I had to sit on the other side of the train on the way up, which did not help my mood.

And it was only just light enough to see out of the train once the train moved. Next time I go over it will still be dark even when I get to London.

Winter is coming.

I get off at Stratford, walk to the DLR and catch the train to the airport, check in by case then wait get through security. Once the other side, i decide to have breakfast. A big breakfast. So I have a cooked breakfast, an "English", but was rather wall for £16, but the company paid.

BA 8210 I have a second coffee too, so that by the time I am done the flight has been called and we can wait at the gate instead of waiting in the main hall.

For a change, the flight is full, but I am in my usual seat of 8A, getting fine views along the river until the plane banks to the north and I get the view of the City and the Thames as it winds up to Westminster.

LDN read for the flight, except when we fly over my hometown, Lowestoft. I take some shots of both Lowestoft and Oulton Broad. Funny to see a place I knew so well, every street and cracked pavement, but from 30k feet.

Lowestoft England was warm and sunny, so needless to say, Denmark was cloudy and rainy. Heck, we flew though one doody of a rainstorm on final approach, but landed in bright sunshine.

Welcome to Denmark.

This used to be my playground I get my case and the keys to my hire car, load it up for the hour drive to the head office.

It rains some more, there is cloud and sunshine.

I find the one empty parking space outside the offices, go in to find a desk and am logged on in time to join a meeting.

Yay!

I catch up with mails, file documents and so am all caught up by five.

I drive to the hotel, only to find my way blocked by a street art festival. I have to go round the block with three of those dangerous right turns across bike lanes and crossings, but I kill no one and am in the hotel car park.

Phew.

I check in, and before dinner I go out to snap the street art festival. It is good, but most people went along for the street food and street beer.

So I walk back to the hotel, to have dinner in the restaurant@ asparagus followed by burger (of course)

But I am shattered, and my cold/fly/allergy attack returns.

I take drugs to mix with the two beers I had. I fall asleep.

No comments: