Sunday 29 September 2019

Saturday 28th September 2019

The weekend.

I think I was living in denial about Mum. Not that she was dead, but the sheer amount of work that was going to be done to clear the house. Which I why I lollygagged around the house most of Saturday.

I mean, we could have got out and done things, but it seemed sensible to relax, seeing that I am going to be travelling for most of the next five weeks.

As you do.

We were up at half six, meaning me had just four hours sleep, and so we felt like shit.

I made bacon butties for breakfast, and that wakes us up.

Outside the sun is shining, the wind is building, but it seemed the ideal day to finish off the lawn.

First up was to scarify the lawn. I saw lawn. Meadow? Savannah?

Two hundred and seventy one I do ten minutes and the contrast from the cool darkness in the house and bright sunshine outside, which triggers an instant migraine. So, back in the house to lay down in the dark, while the flashing lights fade.

Half an hour later, all better so we are back outside, Jools helps wth thw scarifying, and I then fire up the mower and get another three boxes of cuttings.

I say cuttings, mostly dust.

Anyway, that done, it was time for lunch. And for lunch we had dinner. Steak and ale pie, potatoes and veg. And gravy. And pink fizz.

Which is why went to bed in the afternoon, and I lay on the sofa listening to footy, trying to stay awake.

I slept for 15 minutes or so, but heard the games, though the details washed over me.

And Norwich lost. 2-0 and Palace. And the injury list gets ever longer. Always next week, when we host Villa.

So, at six we were back in Whitfield playing cards, eating pizza. Not sure when we will do that again, so we had better make the most of it.

Halfway through we much our way through a huge pizza.

Jen is lending Jools her car so we don't have to rent a car for me to go to Mum's for the week. So I drive back in our, and Jools drives Jen's Sharon bus.

All change in the morning.....

No comments: