Friday 13 September 2019

Thursday 12th September 2019

Thursday. I mean so close to the weekend, why not just take things easy; get up at ten, log on to work at midday, after a lazy breakfast and a swim in the pool?

We don't have a pool.

And I can't remember the last time I slept in until eight, let alone ten.

We wake up to a glorious late summer/early autumn morning, once the sun was up, it bathed the garden in warm light. The birds were already about, chirping away. And a squirrel ate at the leftovers on the bird table, as bold as brass.

September Song After putting the bins out, I get dressed and start work. My mail box has now slowed right down, so I file with documents I have received, send off replies to others.

And by nine, I am all caught up.

I go outside to snap some of the flowers and insects before the skies were due to cloud over. And the cup and saucer plant, an annual climber, had opened its second flower, and having missed the first one, I was determined to snap this one from it's initial opening to when it was at its peak.

Two hundred and fifty five And then back to work.

I have lunch; fried eggs on friend bread. Naughty but nice.

And back to work.

Verbena bonariensis Indeed, the clouds rolled over, but at least the work next door seemed to have been completed, and apart from the scaffolding being put up two doors down, there was silence.

Lovely.

Mexican sunflower At four, there day's work is done. I pack away and tidy up the house, and begin to prepare dinner: fish cakes, curried rice and sweetcorn, followed by gooseberry crumble and custard.

Dinner of champions.

We eat, chat and listen to the radio.

It is dark by eight, too cool to sit outside. We go to bed at nine.

1 comment:

Martin Cooke said...

Beautiful photos :-)