Thursday 5 September 2019

Wednesday 4th September 2019

There is good news, in that the flu/cold is getting better.

Bad news is that I am still not sleeping well. Awake at half two with cramp, hobbling round the room, swearing.

I do drop off, so wake at half six when the alarm goes off, so I peel myself out of bed, get dressed and go down for breakfast.

I talk to no strangers, but I do sit with the lady from the day before, and we chat about our work challenges.

The detour to work, arriving at half seven, before everyone else in my new department. I am also laden down with five cakes, and once settled into my friend's desk, I send out invites to all I could think of to join me in coffee, cake and chats at ten.

Eyes down for work.

And training.

Ten comes round and about 20 friends come to say hello. And eat cake. I have bought rather too much, and there is three left by half past.

Oh well, cake for lunch, then!

After yet more training after lunch, I suddenly come over all tired. I mean really weary, and I hear myself announce that I am going back to the hotel to lay down.

Which I do.

It is before the Danish rush hour, which starts just before three, so I am back at the hotel in ten minutes. Back up to my room and into bed.

I listen to the radio a little, doze, and at five close the curtains and get down for some serious snoozing.

I wake up at half six. It is dark, and the wind is throwing huge sheets of rain against the room window.

Two hundred and forty seven That's me eating in the hotel again, then!

I have a shower, get dressed and go down to the near deserted restaurant for burger, fries and a coke. Followed by a beer. And coffee.

I won't say I felt human, but better.

So, back to the room again, I call Jools, I must sound tired as she says we can talk when I get home on Thursday.

I am in bed at half nine, and away to dreamland.

Home tomorrow.

No comments: