Saturday 30 October 2021

Friday 29th October 2021

What can I say, other than we have made it to the end of the week, and its a party from two onwards.

Or something.

Jools seems to have been working five days a week for months now, when in fact its about six weeks, I guess. Her boss, Andy, is back home, but can barely get about to use the facilities. His wife is 15 years older than he, and is just about as mobile. I don't know if Andy can get better as it is, we hope so.

But with the changes made this week, work is bearable and Jools no longer needs to bring home three hours of filing to do done over weekends.

Which is nice.

But Friday is yoga day, so Jools leaves home at quarter past seven, and I am all alone with the cats.

And I should say, at this point, that it would appear Cleo has taken rather a shine to me. And who can blame her? She now hangs around me all day, every day, and either stares at me for hours on end, or curls up asleep near me. Which is rather nice.

Work is work.

I have been saying a bit more about work, maybe too much, but it has been quite a ride these few weeks, let us hope things will improve from now on. As it is, I have meetings where I hope that some more clarity could be brought, but it seems that despite having over two months to complete work, it had not been started, and "we've been busy this week".

Hmmmm.

It was cool and cloudy, and I didn't feel like going out for a walk, so I didn't. So, not much chance to take shots of the day, so have this one of dawn, just after Jools left home for yoga.

Three hundred and two I work through to half two, then get busy with chores, all ready for when JOols came back, via Tesco. She had hunter-gathered well, but my prescription wasn't done, there had been a problem in them receiving it from my doctor.

I call the surgery, all I got after waiting for half an hour on hold was, "we sent it in October 17".

So, I go to Tesco to ask what the problem was.

Tesco on a Friday afternoon is a bit manic. I mean, people fighting over toilet rolls and mincemeat, or will be soon. There are gaps on the shelves, not many, but anyway, I was on a mission.

I go to see the chemist: she explained that she had not had an input on the electronic system, none since September 17th.

So, I walk back to the car and drive to the surgery, find a place to park on The Droveway, and wait in line in the most inefficient system know to the NHS.

I explain to the lady, who was who I spoke to on the phone.

She went inside and the pharmasist came out, she had a written prescription. THey sent it, but clearly it didn't get sent to the right place.

So, back to Tesco, and wait in line to hand over the prescription, then 20 minute wait for it to be made up.

So, at quarter past five, back home for a quick brew before the music quiz, and once that was done, back in the car to drive to Jen's for supper and cards. She had prepared pizza and ribs, which we made vanish in a clouds of crumbs.

A quick tidy up and then eyes down for two hours of card action, and with the pot won in double quick time, we were back home by nine and all ready for bed in good time, as we had a big day ahead of us in that London in the morning.

No comments: