Tuesday 26 October 2021

Monday 25th October 2021

Two years ago, we were just enjoying our last full day of our most recent holiday, where we visited Chicago, New Orleans and Houston. It seems like a different life now, I mean so much has happened in the time between. 603 days ago (604 from Tuesday), it was March 1st, 2020, and we were preparing getting our new car and preparing for a spring of summer doing lots of stuff.

Two hundred and ninety eight So, here we are at the end of October, and little idea of when the pandemic might be over, if it ever will. We make few plans, other than we are going to that London on Saturday for reasons I won't reveal here, but I am not going to see the Queen or receive an honour! Next month we are going on a railtour, more details on that nearer the time, but does require a night away from Chez Jelltex. And into the new year I might be going to Rhodes chasing butterflies and orchids, another trip postponed from 2021.

Monday morning In little over five weeks, we were supposed to be jetting off on our holibobs to New Zealand, but that has been postponed until the end of 2022, if NZ will let visitors in even by then?

Who knows.

But, back to work.

Jools had done several hours work over the weekend, filing, and needed to go in early to put it all away and prepare for more streamlining, meaning although I was up at half five, she had left by six. It was still dark. Outside rain hammered down, and continued for a couple of hours, making it seem like dawn stretching into lunchtime, or something.

Back on the streets again I make a quick loaf so I have something to have for lunch, and am all ready for work at seven, although there was no urgent matters waiting as Denmark was only back at work after another week off.

I make another coffee and have some fruit. Put the radio on and I notice the rain eased, until suddenly the clouds parted and there was sunshine!

Geranium Low, autumn sunshine, but sunshine nonetheless, and the rain having washed dust out of the air, was crystal clear.

I went out for a walk.

Routes are limited now because of mud, and anyway there is only a tiny chance of seeing a butterfly or two, so it's mainly for the exercise now, and to have a break from the computers at home, which is a good as a reason as any.

Back on the streets again I suppose.

I walked across the fields to Fleet House, then back along Collingwood. I mean, its not far, but I ambled and daudled, so it took half an hour, and I took a few shots as the sun was casting long shadows on the vibrant coloured fields and trees. It was like being in Oz!

Back on the streets again I walked back home as clouds swept in from the west with the threat of more rain, but it never came.

I had baked the bread, so now that it was cooling, I cut a crust off and spread nutella on it to have with a huge cuppa.

Back on the streets again Lovely.

Not much else to report, other than I watched a good documentary on Frank Zappa, someone I know very little about, and his reputation of being difficult was well earned. But he was also warm at times, cared deeply about others and did lots of good work. He leaft a huge archive. I was left with very different views on him, but daunted by the thought there are some 115 albums by home ant The Mothers. Who'd know where to start?

Back on the streets again Time for dinner: courgette fritters, and cooked so frequently now, I don't really think about what I'm doing.

Heavy traffic into the port meant Jools didn't get home until six, and she was pooped, but caught up at work, and so was the best day since Andy went into hospital. Also good news was that he was discharged and is now home, recovering, rather than having to go to a local hospital, so things are really looking up.

And that was Monday.

Music, writing and to bed, to read for of Mr JCC's book.

No comments: