Friday 8 October 2021

Thursday 7th October 2021

Dawn came and there was no rain.

But there was a sunrise.

The sky was reflected in the windows of the house opposite, so I knew it would be worth snapping.

Another dawn I wasn't wrong.

Jools is now quite relaxed at work. Well, compared to how she was at the start of the week. But news of her boss doesn't sount good. One of his lower vertibrae has "exploded". Which did explain his back pain. He had to go to the main surgical hospital in London to have his spine fuzed, and as yet its unclear what the cause was or how long he'll be off. But he is in good spirits and claiming that he will learn from it.

That's what Mum said.

But, Jools knows her boss better than I do, so he might. Give up the weed and live healthier. He seems to have a second chance.

So, take it.

So, Jools leaves for work at half six, leaving me enough tme for a second coffee, as we managed to sleep through the alarm again, I didn't get up until ten past six, fifty minutes to get ready, and have an important meeting with one of the global directors about the results of one of my project.

Two hundred and seventy It goes well, and sadly, none of my findings are really a surprise, just need to decide who takes ownership and drives improvement.

That done I have a shower, have breakfast and make a batch of dough for lunch. I think I know what I'm doing now, and manage to catch the loaf at maximum raise before the top collapsed, so I whack the oven on and it is perfect, almost "proper" bread size.

I can't wait for it to cool to try it.

I smother the crust with butter and more peach jam, and it is wonderful, of course.

Cloud had rolled in, though there was no wind, so I didn't go for a walk. But the promise is for sunshine on Friday, and light breezes, so a walk will be in order.

I made fritters for dinner, adding a touch of salt to bring out the flavours. I now know the mix and what is best, but it never ceases to amaze how the gloop can make such tasty, crispy treats.

The evening was full of football again, France v Belgium. And another cracker, with Belgium 2-0 up at half time, and the match apparently over. But France fought back to 2-2, then Belgium scored with two minutes to go, but that was ruled out, only for France to sneak it in injury time.

Phew.

No comments: