Wednesday 6 October 2021

Tuesday 5th October 2021

After six months or more of planning, reading and research, I was ready to conduct the most important day's work since I rejoined the company. I had been given the name of the auditee, agenda and scope provided, question sheet for the audit prepared and approved.

I had to be up early, have coffee, second coffee and breakfast before half seven when the day would begin.

At least the rest of the office had mucked in to help Jools and they would ensure she had lunchbreaks and should start at eight and finish at five, so she was more replaxed about her day, leaving me with the pot on the stove for yet more coffee.

Two hundred and twenty eight I join the meeting, we have the introductions, review the dtails and begin.

Second question, and he replies: that's nothing to do with me.

But this is a very big part of what we do, can you bring him into the meeting?

He's off work today.

Turns out most of the audit was "somebody else's job" too, I cloe the audit and write some strongly worded e mails. I also call my boss to let him know. I had done nothing wrong, of course.

I make a brew, and simmer, quietly.

I get a call from Sky: can they come round early to fix the internet?

Yes. Yes you can.

So, if nothing else, the new hub was fitted and the interwebs flowed through it, and uploads that took 45 minutes were done in seconds.

Passer domesticus Aaaah, broadband heaven.

And relax.

I watch an episode of Only Connect and all is well.

IN fact the mobile coped well, and download speeds was fine, just poor uploads, which made posting shots to Flickr a task that took nearly an hour.

I should have gone for a walk, and the biblical rain from the morning had cleared but was getting cloudy again.

I have a brew instead and make a sandwich.

I am oddly on top of work, so can monitor my mails and let the 95% of my brain work-free, freewheel.

Although I achieved nothing, I take all day and into teatime to get it done, leaving preparing dinner to the last minute; breaded prk, curried rice and steamed corn.

Yummy, and full of many flavours.

We clear up, and Jools had bought a bar of honeycomb chocolate to share.

Another day at an end, time to read and Poppy paces the room waiting for me to settle down.

No comments: