Tuesday 5 October 2021

Monday 4th October 2021

Sigh, back to work.

Its bad enough for me, I don't know how Jools does it, gets up to drive to work for ten hours of doing ten people's work.

It was pouring with rain when we got up, and was still hammering down when Jools left to dash to the car, and still raining when an embarassed dawn revealled the sodden landscape from the back of the house.

And Jools texted me to say she had bought petrol! So all is well for another couple of weeks, and maybe things will get back to normal?

I have to make a loaf so to have something other than pancakes again for lunch, so I mix a batch of dough and put it in a warm over to prove. 90 minutes later I knock it down and put it in a tin to rise a second time.

And it was at this point I thought that I would give the dough and extra twenty minutes before baking. A total of 50 minutes, and an hour really by the time the meeting had ended, by which time the dough had overflowed the tin on all four sides and was now trying to break out of the oven. I scooped up the dough and placed it on top of the tin, so it nothing it would be spiky and crusty.

Two hundred and seventy seven Flame on!

Outside the day alternated with the heaviest of showers with blindingly bright sunshine. A strong wind would blow the next weather in as son as you had got used to the current situation.

A walk, interrupted Once the bread was baked, I let it cook, then had a crust with butter and peach jam smothered on.

It was so nice I had a second slice prepared the same way.

Yummy.

Tea seems to go with fresh bread and jam, and coffee goes with nutella on toast. I don't make the rules.

Into the afternoon and I go for a walk between the showers, walking through the puddles at the end of our street, then up to Collingwood.

A walk, interrupted The views down across the golf course to the sea were amazing in the clear light, I looked at the swarm of bees and wasps feeding on the ivy, it was then I noticed the large black cloud sweepping in.

A walk, interrupted I made the exectivie decision to make for home, arriving back home just as the heavens opened.

I made it inside and made a stiff brew. No one had missed me for the twenty minutes I had been away.

A walk, interrupted That's lovely.

I pack up the work computer, and hope that Tuesday the Sy enginieer would fix the hub and we will have 70mb/s again, although the phone has worked amazingly well.

A walk, interrupted Dinner was simple: pizza. And on mine I sprinkle lots of chilli flakes and some reggae jerk sauce to pep it up.

And I don't have a beer either.

There is no football to watch, as there's another international break, so we listen to the radio and night falls.

Phew.

I go to bed at half eight to finish the Bud Flanniagn book, though Poppy insists I go to sleep before I finish.

No comments: