Friday 15 October 2021

Thursday 14th October 2021

And here we are again.

Thursday.

Christmas cakes made.

Christmas order in at the butcher and confirmed.

All under control.

For now.

I should have got more done that I did, but then again as there was total IT failure still, not much could be done.

The days begin later and later, and are dark again before half six. We work though the daylight and have the evenings to reflect.

I make a loaf for lunch, not to have all the loaf for lunch, but for something to eat. But again I lost track of time and checked on the loaf to find the dough escaping the tin. As I pick up the tin I could see the gasses leaving the dough and it settling flat again.

Sigh.

I put on the oven and will eat whatever comes out. It is the table mountain of loaves.

But tastes OK.

In the afternoon I find the John Cooper Clark autobiography and take it and a fresh brew into the garden to read and pass the time. I also have the work phone in case something interesting happens that needs my attention.

Nothing happens.

I watch out of the corner of my eye, work on the new house with digger and dump truck moving huge quantities of chalk rubble and pile it up waiting to be removed from site. Most of the house will be below ground, we are told. We shall see.

Two hundred and eighty seven COme four, and I pack work away, and make dinner. The Thursday staple, fritters, and with curry power and lots of garlic mayo.

It takes an hour, by which time the sun had set and darkness was falling.

I had been on the computer all day, and so at half eigt, I turn it off and take the book upstairs to read, luxuring in the details of JCC's childhood in 1950s Salford.

No comments: