Thursday 7 October 2021

Wednesday 6th October 2021

Welcome to the middle of the week. I hope you make yourselves at home and enjoy your stay.I am between projects, as it were, but I have a leftover audit to carry out, but as a pleasant (I hope) surprise I thought I would share with them the results so far.

Jools is under less stress now, and is being told to go out for walks, not starting work until eight, going for a walk at lunchtime, and ending up at a beachside cafe where she has a frothy coffee, as they say in Welsh Wales. And the factory kicks out at five, so is doing only her contracted hours, and is keeping up, just about.

At least it was a bright start and the promise of sun through most of the day I look at the tealeaves and it suggests a walk might happen.

Chances of a walk: 100%.

I log on at seven, and am straight into a meeting with a colleague as we compare notes on the latest messes we had both uncovered. And then there is the audit.

A factory in India, both the atendees were peasantly surprised when i told them I planned on giving them a presentation rather than doing an actual audit. I explained it as you can see if you agree with my conclusions.

Two hundred and seventy nine And they did.

I had breakfast when I finished, a slice of bread and then fruit and more strong coffee.

One more with feeling Come eleven, I go for a walk as I am go caught up.

I live in hope of more migrant butterflies and/or dragonflies, especially a QoS. But the wind was keen and set in the north, but away to the south, the sun shone low in the sky, casting longer shadows each day. It is possible that in the lea of a south-facing hedge a butterfly or two might be seen.

One more with feeling So I walk up Station Road to the top track, which as turned from a grassy path into a strip of mud thanks to the recent rains. It was to be expected, really.

One more with feeling I was walking along, and I see the ivy just covered in a cloud of insects. Mostly Ivy and Honey Bees, but a few others too, and then a flash of orange goes past, and I track it, hoping it to be a Queen.

One more with feeling But, once it settles, it is revealed to be a Comma, but a fresh one and with vibrant colours. I creep up on it taking shots as I inched closer, it looked fabulous in the bright sunshine.

One more with feeling I would have gone along all the way past the wood, but the path was too muddy, and would get worse as the ground softened, so I turn down towards Collingwood, and then back to home.

Again, I wasn't missed.

Jools was bringing home fish and chips for dinner, so I had to save some bread for chip butties, so I have a thick crust and save the two remaining slices, and when I get hungry have a fresh cox's apple.

One more with feeling The day fades, the cats get hungry and fed. But I have no cooking to do, of course, so I put the radio on and dance around the living room.

At six, Jools comes back lden with fried food wrapped in paper. I dish it up onto plates. know, should be in the wrapper, but we're posh you see?

New delivery At least clearing up ddn't take long, and then it was a rush to get everything done: blogs written, coffee drunk and so on, before the international football. Italy v Spain, which Spain inflicted Italy's first defeat since dinsaurs roamed the earth. Or something.

The Historical Ale Good game.

No comments: