Wednesday 27 October 2021

Tuesday 26th October 2021

Market day in Kings Lynn.

One of the market days in Kings Lynn.

Not market day in St Maggies.

The good news is Jools is all caught up at work, and workload seems manageable on an ongoing basis. Which is good.

She can go for a walk around here before she goes to work, and others in the office kick her out for half an hour at lunchtime so she gets away from the computer. Something she goes to the cafe on the beach for a coffee and slice of brownie. But this week, thanks to schools being off, its rather crowded, but warm enough to sit on the sea wall outside and watch life go by.

Two hundred and ninety nine I manage to sleep through the alarm again, waking up just before six when Jools is ready for a shower. The cats are fed and heading off to their hidey holes for snoozing, although sometimes they sleep near me, just so they know if I am going to the kitty kibble jar.

Another walk And sometimes I do.

I have a new task, but IT issues mean it has been stuck for a couple of weeks, but my colleague, Henrik, found a work-round and I find more chaos. I stop at six gaps.

Another walk Sigh.

Outside it is a bright, breezy day, but nice enough for a walk.

So, when it is lunchtime in Denmark, I go out, walking up Station Road, pausing to look at the half-harvested field of corn, take a few shots, then walk to the war memorial and along besde the horse paddock. But it is muddy, and there is little to see, so I take the short cut back through the estate and to home, having been gone not half an hour.

Another walk No one missed me.

I have toast and pate and pigs in blankets. I call that a winning recipe, if I'm honest.

Another walk The afternoon ploughs on, and over in DK people knock off for the day, so then do I.

I feed the cats then prepare dinner, crispbakes, curried rice and steamed corn. Simple, but tasty.

And like that the day had slipped by again. Not much happened, but another day nearer the end of the year I guess. And there was football to watch, just the League Cup, but diverting, even if I didn't watch it to the end. Arsenal running out 2-0 winners.

No comments: