Friday 1 October 2021

Thursday 30th September 2021

A day nearer the weekend, I guess.

And the question was, would I be able to work or not?

Jools was awake well before me, but soon dawn's early light woke me, and I stumble about trying to find some trousers.

Coffee is made, I connect the home laptop with the net via the mobile, worked as before.

And now to try to do the same with the work computer. I had important meetings, so I needed to be online, I think I could do it by phone, but it would be hard.

Red sky in the morning Harder.

So, I get the laptop and screen, out, connect the keyboard and fire it up.

The globe symbol changes to indicate it was connected. I was able to send a message text.

And it dips out.

Sigh.

Second time, it connects, and wonder of wonders, its good for the rest of the day!

I attend the mportant meeting, whre I bend the poor sap to my will by showing him the actual requirements not what he thinks the requirements actually are.

One to the good guy, there!

The postman brings me a book from my friend, Simon, on the glass in the side chapels at King's College Chapel. I will now have to update all the descriptions of my shots, of course. Seems like work, but isn't.

Two hundred and seventy two I use the last of the home made bread to chave cheese on toast, and it is rather wonderful.

And I actually achieve stuff, which is all rather amazing, really.

Outside the early morning sunshine turned to cloud and a keen, cool breeze blew. I didn't go out.

I finsh at nearly four, and as Jools was going to physion, I had an extra hour in which to prepare the courgette fritters for dinner.

Jools come home at seven, it is dark, and I am cooking the last of the fritters.

Let's eat.

And by the time we finish, clear up and make coffee its gone eight and will soon be bedtime. I have no idea where the day went, but it had gone.

Tomorrow is October, and so very nearly winter.

No comments: