Tuesday 19 October 2021

Monday 18th October 2021

Back to the working week.

And although I had some work to do, most of what was planned has been postponed for two or three weeks due to stupidity, on their part not mine.

Jools was rushing round getting ready for work, then took twenty minutes out to go for a walk before leaving, by which time I was in my first phone call where I was discussing with a colleague the latest amazing failure.

I wrote to the person responsible who tried to tell me that I was, in fact wrong, and they were right. This would be true of we were to ignore the requirements on various procedures and standards.

I am lost for words.

I copy in their and my boss to my reply and wait for fireworks.

Main task of the day is to make an "everyday" fruit cake to use the leftover dried fruit. The plan was to use no booze, but that would make the fruit too dry, no?

And we have no cherries, they are my favourite part of a fruit cake, but not Jools', so anyway, I misx the batter, add the dried ingredients befor lining a tin with paper, pouring the mix in and baking for four and a half hours.

Two hundred and ninety one I tidy up, make a brew and go to check on mails, try to make calls, but no one is accepting calls from me.

Sigh.

Dinner is some shop bought pasta sauce which I pep up with bacon lardons, and ravioli, or something. I cook it all, and make some garlic bread with the last two slices of bread, all ready for when Jools comes home.

Inbetween, I could have gone for a walk, but I really didn't feel like it, so watch some stuff online, more train viseos because, well, trains.

Jools comes home, I serve up dinner, and have the last of the wine.

Cheers.

I watched the Arsenal v Palace game at eight, quite good and Palace lead going into injury time, but the Goners scored an undeserved equaliser to make it 2-2.

I went to bed feeling bloated, I put it down to big dinner, but I was wrong.

Sadly.

No comments: