Sunday 24 October 2021

Saturday 23rd October 2021

THe weekend.

It seems that my march to Martin Mill on Friday gave me shin splints, thanks to my RAF training teaching me to bang my heels down to make marching in time as a squad easier. It has proven a habit impossible to break.

We did sleep in until after seven, dawn was showing well and it looked like it might be a good day.

But first we had to go to Tesco, not much needed, but milk and butter and fruit.

So, we get up, have coffee and are out just before eight, arriving at Tesco to find most stock available, we are not seeing shortages reported elsewhere, but we top up on Coffee and Grape Nuts, and get the rest of our stuff, pay and are out in half an hour. Most people were wearing masks, as were we, some where not, mostly the young, a Mother and three toddlers wandered around.

A weekend walk We came home, unpacked and had breakfast of toast and another coffee before we go out for a walk after 10.

It was a fine morning, bright but cloud sweeping in, slowly. So for the first part, walking up Station Road I was in bright sunshine, but once turning towards Windy Ridge clouds had hidden the sun, and it grew cooler.

A weekend walk I was looking for butterflies and flowers, Jools was picking up litter, with most of what she collected was fast food stuff from beside Station Road.

It is getting muddy, and blackberries and sloes are shrivelling up now, as the season ends, too late for crumbles now. I decide to cut the walk short and cut back down to Collingwood due to fallen trees and mud along Green Lane, lines of horses out on their morning hacks had churned up the mud even more.

A weekend walk I get home and find Jools already here as her bag was full before she reached the top of Station Road, such is the number of KFC and Maccy D wrappers and cups.

Two hundred and ninety six I make chorizo hash, hoping to be able to follow Norwich in the early game at Chelsea. I had hopes we might get something out of the game, as they had no fit strikers. We got something: our arses kicked. 7 (seven)-0.

Ouch.

Although I followed the three o'clock games on the radio and BB red button, my heart wasn't really in it. That was a defeat so big it demands major changes.

We shall see.

Later it was Brighton v Citeh, and Citeh score four all from Brighton mistakes. Brighton were not that bad, but Citeh were ruthless.

Sigh.

I go to bed at eight to read, but my eyes begin to droop at quarter to nine, so turn the lights out and drop to sleep.

No comments: