Monday 4 October 2021

Sunday 3rd October 2021

It was to be an OK day, and normally we would have gone somewhere, but with just about half a tank of fuel we thought it prudent to go nowhere, so that Jools could be sure of getting to work for the whole week.

Yes, this is where we are as a country now.

Jools did go swimming at half seven, so to be at the pool at eight so she could do her 80 lengths, I have a shower and do some cleaning up, prepare breakfast so that all I have to do if warm the kettle up for a brew.

Two hundred and seventy five Clouds and rain showers swept through, meaning that once Jools had came back home, had breakfast, coffee, second breakfast and more coffee, there was little do do. So, Jools planted some plants in the beds she had cleared and I prepared chorizo hash for lunch, so all would be done for when the the football started at two.

Wow, is that I have to say for seven hours? It would appear so. I can make time vanish quite easily when I want to. But with blogs, editing shots and so on, time does fall through my fingers like sand in the wind. Dude.

Oh, I know. I make stock with the bones I got from Mark. Bones, water, salt, peppercorns, mustard seeds and simmer on a low head for five hours.

I get three litres of stock, enough for soups and gravy for weeks.

Palace v Leicester was very entertaining, and ended up 2-2 as Palace fought back to claim a derved point. While the late game, the game of the week on this super Sunday was Liverpool v Citeh, and was a stunning match. Fast, skilful and containing some great goals, maybe even the greatest goal, and that also ended 2-2. I switch the TV off before the post match shit starts.

I make ham rolls for supper, and a brew. Outside it is dark, of course, the radio plays on to itself, and Jools starts to prepare her lunches for the week, just like that the weekend is over.

I go to bed at half eight, read an old WSC and wait for Poppy to join me.

Goodnight, peeps

No comments: